Location Cumberland Mall - 2860 Cumberland Mall SE Business At Brookfield Properties, we believe retail should be anything but typical. It’s why we’re integrating shopping, dining, entertainment, and more to reimagine retail experiences everywhere. Because for us, retail isn’t just about managing properties or redeveloping malls. It’s about creating inspiring spaces that draw consumers in. It’s about helping our tenants build their brand in a big way. It’s about contributing to our communities. And, more than anything, it’s about bringing people together. If you’re ready to be a part of our team, we encourage you to apply. Job Description Position Summary This position will be on site at Cumberland Mall. The Administrative Assistant provides general administrative support to the mall management team. The Administrative Assistant interacts with the general public, merchants, tenants, in-house facilities technicians, third-party contractors including housekeeping and security, and other persons servicing the mall, its merchants and tenants. Responsibilities
- Supports the day-to-day management of the mall including general office work such as file organization, fulfilling written requests, answering phones, greeting guests, word processing, distributing mail, purchasing and replenishing supplies
- Serves as initial point of contact for customer, vendor, merchant and tenant inquiries, requests and complaints while exhibiting a high level of customer service
- Performs high-level administrative work, such as creating spreadsheet tracker reports, organizing, scheduling, coordinating, compiling and analyzing confidential business information
- Schedules meetings/conference calls and appointments, coordinates food and handouts for meetings, as needed
- Assists in implementing property activities and events
- Prepares, maintains, and distributes mass written communication to retailers as directed
- Supports and collaborates with the Mall Management team and may also provide administrative support to other departments including but not limited to Accounting, Specialty Leasing, and Marketing
- Establishes and maintains effective business relationships
- May direct or coordinate services such as repair & maintenance with in-house facility technicians, or third-party vendors
- May manage and collect current Certificates of Insurance for Tenants and/or third-party vendors
- May operate as mall management office support person for localized computer software/hardware
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2 years of experience in an administrative support role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook
- Highly organized and project oriented
- Excellent business writing and verbal communication skills
- Quick learner, self-starter and helps others achieve results
- The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.