Market Analyst, Product Management University
DetailsMarket Analyst, Product Management University
Kemper is one of the nation’s leading specialized insurers. Our success is a direct reflection of the talented and diverse people who make a positive difference in the lives of our customers every day.
We believe a high-performing culture, valuable opportunities for personal development and professional challenge, and a healthy work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive.
Kemper’s products and services are making a real difference to our customers, who have unique and evolving needs. By joining our team, you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that delivers on our promises.
We employ 10,000 associates within our family of companies and are growing! At Kemper, we foster a culture of ownership and accountability where high performance and strong contributions are recognized, valued, and rewarded.
Add to that our growing auto, home, life and health business segments across the U.S. and you’ve got endless potential.
Our PM University can propel your insurance career in the right direction by giving you meaningful responsibility in Product Management and Pricing, along with other strategic areas of a Company undergoing an exciting transformation. The PM University offers an opportunity to combine knowledge of our business, technical skills, and professional skills gained through formal and on-the-job training to move toward a Product Management or related career at Kemper. Throughout the program you will have ongoing professional development, challenging assignments, and interaction with leaders across multiple business units as well as senior management.
This immersive 18-month program kicks off with a three-month onboarding session, followed by rotational assignments across Product, Pricing, and Data Analytics. While learning the business, you will take on actual roles within Kemper in which you will have a stake in driving profit and growth for various lines of business.
- Able to work on complex problems / projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors
- Works with team members to research, conduct high-quality analyses, report, and communicate key product performance metrics
- Researches key business data using statistical analysis and data mining to understand historical patterns that can be utilized to improve business performance
- Recognizes potential system opportunities or issues during data analysis and collaborates with Business Technology partners as appropriate
- Inclined to take ownership of assigned projects and independently drive for results
- Executes the development, analysis, maintenance and reporting of performance scorecards
- Interacts with state insurance regulators
- Develops scalable and flexible data reporting and analysis solutions to fulfill the needs of the team
- Provides support to State Managers in a large state or group of small states in the quest for profitable growth
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Risk Management, Finance, Actuarial Science/Mathematics or related fields
- Expected graduation in May 2024
- Competitive GPA
- Unwavering curiosity with an eagerness to continuously learn and grow
- Superb relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated superior business judgment and financial acumen; effective analytic and integrative thinking
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface at all levels of the organization
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience in SAS, Tableau, SQL Server, VBA, Access and/or other data and statistical tools desired
- This position is hybrid and will require some reporting to the office.
Kemper is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We are committed to supporting diversity and equality across our organization and we work diligently to maintain a workplace free from discrimination.
Kemper does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Kemper will never request personal information, such as your social security number or banking information, via text or email. Additionally, Kemper does not use external messaging applications like WireApp or Skype to communicate with candidates. If you receive such a message, delete it.